07/25/15 - NNHS Newsletter
“Action may not always bring happiness, - Benjamin Disraeli
“Action may not always bring happiness,
- Benjamin Disraeli
Dear Friends and Schoolmates,
It's time once more for some Toby Keith.
BONUS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI7YzUKE_wI - A Little Less Talk - Toby Keith
From My Cousin, Cheryl White Wilson (James Blair HS / John Marshall HS - '64) of VA - 07/24/15 - "RE: Don Wilson (John Marshall HS - '64) of VA":
|Did I tell you all that Don's
surgery (for esophageal cancer) is scheduled for 10 August 'bout 7:30am
at MCV... A week to 10+ days stay and 'bout month recovery or less.
Wal, no, Cheryl, you didn't - but you did now! We'll keep you both in our hearts, thoughts and prayers!
THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAYS:
Birthday today to
Janey Roane Harper ('57)!
Happy Birthday this week to:
30 - Don Chaney ('66) of FL AND My Daughter, Adrienne Harty (Hillsboro HS, IL / American School, IL) of NC AND My Granddaughter, Claire Harty, of CA;
Many Happy Returns, One and All!
1700 YEARS AGO TODAY:
100 YEARS AGO TODAY:
THIS DAY IN WWII:
THIS DAY IN 1965:
Sunday, July 25, 1965 - Bob Dylan went electric as he plugged in at the Newport Folk Festival, signaling a major change in folk and rock music.
Sunday, July 25, 1965 - Singer-songwriter and guitarist Marty Brown was born Dennis Marty Brown in Maceo, Kentucky.
Sunday, July 25, 1965 - Actress, director, producer, and screenwriter Illeana Douglas was born Illeana Hesselberg in Quincy, Massachusetts.
Sunday, July 25, 1965 - Rugby league player Dale Shearer was born Dale Anthony Shearer in St George, Queensland, Australia.
|“The first, the middle, and the last thing to do is to pray.”|
Thanks so much, Susan!
From Jim Brinkley ('65) of IN - 07/24/15 - "Mormon Pioneer Day":
Thanks for the information on "Mormon Pioneer Day." I am well aware of the struggles of the Mormon pioneers in the mid west states. But, I did not know about the Mormon Pioneer Day until your message today. I still serve as the Council Chaplain for the Crossroads of America Council in Indianapolis. I work with several of our LDS Scout Leaders who serve on the Council LDS Relationships Committee. Last week, I had the pleasure of taking a guided tour of the beautiful new Indianapolis Indiana Mormon Temple with our LDS Scouters and other BSA Council members. The tour was excellent and very informative. It was a very moving spiritual experience for all.
The Temple is presently open to the general public for guided tours until the dedication in August. There are several web sites listed under "Indianapolis Indiana Temple." One of those sites provides a virtual guided tour of the Temple. I thought that you might like to see some of the photos. Just Google "Indianapolis Indiana Temple."
Have a blessed day,
Thank you so much, Jim! That's AWESOME! While I I think have only been inside seven LDS Temples (Salt Lake, Washington, Chicago, St. Louis, Portland, Raleigh, and Boston), this one seems to be unusually beautiful!
I'm so happy you were able to attend that Open House! Our whole family had the opportunity of serving in one capacity or another at the Open House for the St. Louis Temple in 1997. It was truly unforgettable.
From My Niece, Shari, of VA - 07/24/15 - "~Lemon Water~":
|20 REASONS TO
START YOUR DAY WITH WATER AND LEMON:
1. Water with lemon provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
2. Water with lemon is good for the joints, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
3. Warm water with lemon helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
4. The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
5. Water with lemon cleanses the liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
6. Water with Lemon helps fight infections of the respiratory tract, sore throats and inflammation of the tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
7. Warm water with lemon helps regulate natural bowel movement.
8. Water with lemon is indispensable for the normal work of metabolism. Since lemon is a powerful antioxidant, it protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system.
9. Water with lemon aids in proper functioning of the nervous system (as lemon has a high content of potassium). Depression and anxiety are often the result of low levels of potassium in the blood. The nervous system needs a sufficient amount of potassium to ensure sustainable signals to the heart.
10. Water with lemon cleanses blood, blood vessels and arteries.
11. Water with lemon can help lower blood pressure. A daily intake of one lemon can reduce high blood pressure by 10%.
12. Water with lemon creates an alkalizing effect in the body. Even if you drink it immediately before a meal, it can help your body maintain a higher level of pH. The higher the pH, the more your body is able to fight diseases.
13. Water with lemon is good for the skin. Vitamin C in lemon, improves our skin by rejuvenating the body. Drinking water with lemon regularly (every morning) will improve the condition of your skin.
14. Water with lemon helps to dilute uric acid, the built up of which leads to pain in the joints and gout.
15. Water with lemon is beneficial for pregnant women. Since lemons are loaded with Vitamin C, it acts as an adaptogen helping the body cope with viruses such as colds. Furthermore, vitamin C helps the formation of bone tissue of the unborn baby. At the same time, due to the high content of potassium, a mixture of water with lemon helps forming cells of the brain and nervous system of the baby.
16. Water with lemon relieves heartburn. For this, mix a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
17. Water with lemon helps dissolve gallstones, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and calcium deposits.
18. Water with lemon helps with weight loss. Lemons contain pectin fiber, which helps suppress hunger cravings. Studies have proven people with a better alkaline diet have lost weight faster.
19. Water with lemon helps with tooth pain and gingivitis.
20. Water with lemon prevents cancer. This is due to the fact that lemons are a highly alkaline food. Multiple studies have found that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.
How and when to drink water with lemon:
For this purpose, use warm purified or spring water. Take half a Cup of warm water without sugar and squeeze in there at least half of lemon or lime. Better to use a special juicer (to get the most juice with minimal effort). You can also use lemon essential oil.
You need to drink water with lemon first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Some recommend a drink of water one hour before meals for maximum results.
So, when life gives you a bunch of lemons, make water with lemons.
|WOW! Thanks, Shari!|
From The Walking Dead - 07/24/15 - "Marathon":
comes back to life this Sunday.
Season Six of The Walking Dead premieres Sunday, October 11 at 9:00/8:00 on AMC!
“Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore because it's too crowded.”
(b. 12 May 1925)
From My Husband, Paul Harty (Bardolph HS, IL - '61) of NC - 07/18/15 - "Dogs, Dogs, Dogs (#8 in a series of 8)":
have been fun!
|BONUS GUITAR CROCHET PATTERN:|
http://misselayneousthings.blogspot.com/2013/02/diy-crochet-your-own-guitar-strap.html - Guitar Strap - "...Beginners would love this DIY Crochet Guitar Strap because it's easy and the pattern is flexible. You can experiment on the length, color and style. You can also use crochet threads or yarn..." - "...over a screaming guitar..."
BONUS MAIN ATTRACTION RECIPE:
|http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1486327 - Taco Night Main Attraction - "Whether you serve it with homemade baked tortilla chips or over salad greens, this is yummy, spicy and won't make you feel deprived!" - "...Let's get on down to the main attraction..."|
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Y'all take good care of each other! TYPHOONS FOREVER! We'll Always Have Buckroe!
Love to all, Carol
A Little Less Talk
Words and Music by Toby Keith and Jim Femino
Recorded byToby Keith (b. 08 July 1961), 1993
I was getting kinda tired of her
"A Little Less Talk" midi courtesy of
http://www.mididelight.com/download/693 - 07/27/06
Animated Tiny Birthday Cake clip art courtesy of Sarah Puckett Kressaty ('65) of
VA - 08/31/05
Army Seal clip art courtesy of Al Farber ('64) of GA - 05/24/06 (still
Army Seal clip art courtesy of Al Farber ('64) of GA - 05/24/06 (still
Hillsboro High School's Topper (Band Version) clip art courtesy of
American School Logo courtesy of http://www.americanschoolofcorr.com/grads.asp - 09/05/06
Navy Seal clip art courtesy of
http://www.onemileup.com/miniSeals.asp - 05/29/06
Back to NNHS Newsletters - 2015 Return to NNHS Class of 1965