07/06/14 - NNHS Newsletter -
“If fear is cultivated it will become stronger,
(06 July 1747 - 18 July 1792)
Dear Friends and Schoolmates,
We observe this day each year that it is possible to do so.
BONUS #1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnm-4kSLKdI - The Navy Hymn: Eternal Father (Strong to Save) - Sea Chanters chorus of the US Navy Band - If you can make it through this without tearing up, please go check your pulse.....
BONUS #2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB25pp9HaDc - Navy Hymn Tribute
BONUS #3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iu8y2pvuRg - The Navy Hymn - United States Naval Academy Mens Glee Club visits San Antonio, TX, 2008
THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAYS:
Birthday today to
Happy Birthday tomorrow to Frank Blechman ('65) of Northern VA AND Steve Silsby (Ferguson HS - '72) of NC:
Happy Birthday this week to:
11 - Bobby Maddy ('57) AND Aretie Gallins Patterson ('59) of TN;
13 - James Stidham ('57) AND Bobby Jeffries ('63)!
Many Happy Returns, One and All!
400 YEARS AGO TODAY:
THIS DAY IN WWII:
July 06, 1942 -
and her family went into hiding in the "Secret
Annexe" above her father's office in an
THIS DAY IN 1964:
From Ruth Ann Reece Horace ('67) of FL - 07/05/14 - "Missing Wife":
husband went to police station to report his missing wife:
Husband : I’ve lost my wife, she went shopping yesterday and has still not come home.
Sergeant : What is her height?
Husband : I really never noticed.
Sergeant : Build?
Husband : Not slim, not really fat.
Sergeant : Color of eyes?
Husband : Never noticed.
Sergeant : Color of hair?
Husband : Changes according to season.
Sergeant : What was she wearing?
Husband : Dress/suit/ I don’t remember exactly.
Sergeant : Did she go in a car?
Husband : Yes.
Sergeant : What kind of car was it?
Husband : Black Audi A8 with super charged 3.0 liter V6 engine generating 333 horse power with an eight-speed triptonic automatic transmission with manual mode. And it has full LED headlights which use light emitting diodes for all light functions and has a very thin scratch on the front left door.……………. at this point the husband started crying...
Sergeant : Don't worry sir.......We’ll find your car.
BONUS NAVY KNIT PATTERN:
|http://wicketstitch.blogspot.com/2007/03/navy-eagle-dishcloth.html - US Navy Dishcloth Knitting Pattern - "The designer, RaAnn Clegg, created the US Navy dishcloth knitting pattern to honor her brother. The free pattern requires US size 5 straight knitting needles along with worsted weight cotton yarn. The easy instructions detail how to knit the three-masted ship with anchor, eagle, sky, land and sea. See the supporting link to download. "|
BONUS NAVY RECIPES:
|http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/all/navy - Navy Recipes - "747 Recipes"|
From www.ajokeaday.com - 07/05/13:
|Notice on the bulletin board at the wrestling arena: “There will be a rehearsal for tonight’s bout.”|
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - The NNHS Class of June 1942 meets at noon on the
second Wednesday of every other month for a Dutch treat lunch at the James River
Country Club, 1500 Country Club Road. PLEASE JOIN THEM. Give or take a few years
makes no difference. Good conversation, food and atmosphere. For details, call
Jennings Bryan at 803-7701 for reservations.
2. Friday and Saturday, July 25 and 26, 2014 - The NNHS Class of 1954 will hold a 60-YEAR REUNION in Newport News. Further info from Dr. Harry Simpson at 804 694 0346 or email@example.com, or Mickey Marcella at 757 249 3800 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Betty H. Neher at 757 898 5099 or email@example.com.
3. Thursday, August 7, 2014 - The NNHS Class of 1955 holds Lunch Bunch gatherings on the first Thursday of every month at Steve & John's Steak House on Jefferson Avenue just above Denbigh Boulevard in Newport News at 11:00 AM. The luncheon is not limited to just the Class of '55; if you have friends in that year, go visit with them.
4. Wednesday, September 10, 2013 - The NNHS Class of June 1942 meets at noon on the second Wednesday of every other month for a Dutch treat lunch at the James River Country Club, 1500 Country Club Road. PLEASE JOIN THEM. Give or take a few years makes no difference. Good conversation, food and atmosphere. For details, call Jennings Bryan at 803-7701 for reservations.
5. Friday and Saturday, October 17 and 18, 2014 - The NNHS Class of 1964 will hold a 50-YEAR REUNION at the Newport News Marriott at City Center, 740 Town Center Drive. See: www.nnhs1964.com and contact David Spriggs at 757-409-2799 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
http://www.nnhs65.com/requests-prayers.html - updated 07/01/14
http://nnhs.wordpress.com/ - updated 03/13/11
==============================================NNHS CLASS OF '65 WEB SITE: http://www.nnhs65.com
Carol Buckley Harty
7020 Lure Court
Fayetteville, NC 28311-9309
2.Go to www.PayPal.com, log in, select "Send Money (Services) to email@example.com; or
3. Just mail it directly to my home. Thanks!